Quiz On UV and Ozone
1. What does UV stand for?
2. Where does UV come from?
3. How many atoms of oxygen bond to create one molecule of ozone?
4. Where is most of the earth's "good ozone" located?
5. Where is most of the earth's "bad ozone" located?
6. What does ozone do?
7. What does CFC stand for?
8. What are CFCs?
9. Where do CFCs come from?
10. Name some conditions that would result in a high amount
of UV in your area.
11. What are some of the effects of UV on humans?
12. Sunscreen is the only way to protect yourself from UV
radiation. - True or False?
13. List some of the ways to protect yourself from UV
14. About how many cases of skin cancer are reported yearly
in the US?
15. What are some things that will make someone more
susceptible to skin cancer?
16. Which is the most dangerous kind of skin cancer?
17. What type of UV radiation does most sunscreen protect
18. What unit of measurement is used to measure the relative
thickness of the ozone layer?
19. Clouds completely block out UV radiation. Ture or false?
20. You can find most of earth's ozone within 5km of the
surface of the earth. Ture or false?
21. About how many molecules of ozone are there per air
molecule in the stratosphere?
22. The ozone layer, if compacted together on the surface of
the earth would be about 3 meters thick. Ture or false?
Back to the Guide Index